If you can get past the links between about processed meat and cancer, the saturated fat and the issues that it causes for your blood cholesterol, this sandwich could be for you. The heck with healthier alternatives.
The secret menu sensation features a frightening amount of cheese and meat—every type of meat Arby's offers including roast beef, roast turkey, ham, corned beef, brisket, Angus steak, bacon, and even chicken tenders—all stuffed between two buns.
The challenge, if you can consume all of the food, is how to handle this carnivorous sandwich
without letting it fall apart.
Here’s the breakdown:
- 2 chicken tenders ($1.00)
- 1.5 oz. of roast turkey (75 cents)
- 1.5 oz. of ham (75 cents)
- 1 slice of Swiss cheese (34 cents)
- 1.5 oz. of corned beef (74 cents)
- 1.5 oz. brisket ($1.31)
- 1.5 oz. of Angus steak ($1.41)
- 1 slice of cheddar cheese (34 cents)
- 1.5 oz. roast beef (96 cents)
- 3 half-strips of bacon ($1.07)
- 1 bun (46 cents)
How bad is deli meat for you? Processed meats, including deli meats, have been the focus of recent reports. Last week, a 12-year European study of nearly half a million men and women linked a steady diet of processed meats to premature death. Check out this report from the Globe and Mail.